Thursday, March 5, 2015
0 Supernova 300 Ultra Bright LED Camping Lantern Review
Whatever your lighting need, the Supernova 300 is the brightest and longest lasting LED lantern available
Light the way with this long lasting and high-powered lantern for up to six days of continuous use
The Supernova 300 lumens LED lantern combines the latest in LED lighting technology along with an innovative design that results in high performance.
With 300 lumens of brightness, the ability to run for days, and a strong manufacturer's warranty, this lantern will perform its duties for many years to come.
• 300 Lumens blows away the competition and provides the brightest LED lighting in its class
• Super high-efficiency LED light generates little to no heat and can be used continuously for up to six days, making it a must have for any type of emergency and safer and longer lasting than any type of emergency candles!
• State of the art convex reflector provides optimal lighting and reflection
• Sturdy rubber and plastic molding for maximum durability and water resistance
• Removable top for focused forward lighting or for use as a hanging area light
• Slow pulse LED indicator light ensures that the lantern can always be found in the event of an emergency
• LED lights are guaranteed for up to 100,000 hours of use and never need replacing
• Perfect for Camping, Hiking, Boating, Emergencies, Recreation
My take on it:
This lantern is so very bright! Wow, can it put out some light. It takes 3 D batteries which does weigh it down a bit, but considering that, it's very portable and easy to carry with the handle. When you press the button on the front, you can cycle between three different settings, a normal lighting, a bright lighting and a strobe. I like the versatility of the pull-out hook at the bottom where you can hang it from a limb, pole or whatever. The top portion actually comes off, if you want a more focused coverage.
I should note that I did not read the instructions for placing the battery cover back on. The instructions are plain, and I made sure to include pics above so you can see. There are two arrows that show you where to line up a piece of plastic and a groove. Once you line those up, you are golden, all you have to do is turn it and it secures nicely. I'm an idiot and worked on it for a couple minutes before realizing it. They include a really nice, full color pamphlet that is very informative.
With lighting products, it's never easy to get a good pic to show you just how good the coverage is, but I included a couple that I hope will help. Top pic inside the house, and bottom pic outside.
I really do like this lantern. It will be great to take on camping trips and outings. I am going to keep it in a central location of the house, in case of emergencies, so I don't have to worry about lighting candles when the power goes out.
Buy it on Amazon
Disclosure: I received this product to facilitate this review. Opinions expressed are solely my own. No other compensation was provided.