The package contains two skinny medicine bottle-like tubes that contain 80 pellets each.
The delivery is very interesting and even though it clearly states on the packaging how to do it, it took me a couple tries. It's an amazing concept where you turn the tube upside down and turn the lid. The turning of the lid actually lets down one pellet at a time. Each turn empties out one pellet. You just turn however many times you need (a dosage is 5 pellets) and open to take out. If you let out too many, you just put the cap back on and turn the opposite way to drop them back in.
This is my favorite part because if you had little ones that picked it up, even if they got the cap off, they couldn't get any pellets out, or if it got knocked over, wouldn't spill out. It's a good thing too, because these little pellets are so tiny, they would make a mess if spilled.
Here's some facts about the product, provided by Boiron.
- Addresses specific symptoms at each stage of
- Safe for everyone 3 years of age and older
- Non-drowsy, no drug interactions; no risk of overdose
- Melt-away pellets have a sweet, kid-friendly taste; no
water, chewing or swallowing is required.
- Packaged in plastic, portable, shatter-proof dispensers
which are convenient for families on the go.
- Children 3 years of age and older: At the onset of cold
symptoms, take 5 pellets every 20 minutes for 1 hour.
Then take 5 pellets every 2 hours until symptoms are
relieved. Allow the pellets to dissolve in the mouth.
- Children younger than 3 years of age: Ask a doctor
- Allium cepa 3C HPUS- Relieves sneezing and runny nose
- Apis mellifica 6C HPUS-Relieves nasal congestion
- Belladonna 6C HPUS (contains less than 10-6 mg alkaloids)
Relieves colds with a sudden onset
- Eupatorium perfoliatum 3C HPUS-Relieves sinus pain
- Gelsemium sempervirens 6C HPUS-Relieves headaches
associated with colds
- Kali bichromium 6C HPUS-Relieves nasal discharge
- Nux vomica 3C HPUS (contains less than 10-6 mg alkaloids)
Relieves sneezing attacks
- Phytolacca decandra 6C HPUS-Relieves sore throat associated
- Pulsatilla 6C HPUS-Relieves colds with a loss of taste and smell
The letters "HPUS" indicate that the active ingredients are officially included
in the Homeopathic Pharmacopeia of the United States.
Inactive Ingredients: lactose, sucrose
We tried it out, my daughter and I both tried one just to test out the taste. Neither one of use have colds, so we can only test the taste at this point. Good news is that we loved the taste. Usually with medicine, a positive review is that it didn't taste terrible or that it is tolerable. With Coldcal pellets, they actually taste like candy. It's amazing. When I asked my daughter if she thought they tasted like candy, she said "Yeah, but much little-er" with a serious look on her face like that had to be mentioned. Then a few minutes later, she asked if she could have some more candy. That's a good sign that when she does get sick, I won't have any problems giving her Coldcalm pellets.
I also went to the Boiron website and found a coupon for $1 off. Click here
It's on the right hand side and opens up as a PDF, doesn't expire until 12-31-2012
Want to win some a pack for yourself?
Contest will end 12-27-10 23:59 ET. Winners will have 2 days to respond, unless another winner will be chosen.
I received a pack of Coldcalm pellets for the purposes of this review and received no other compensation. Thank you Boiron!