I had both of my children naturally and haven't been through a C-section. I've spoken to those who have and my heart reaches out to them for what they went through. The healing process is lengthy and you have to deal with the scar. It's amazing what our body puts up with and we just keep on going.
I've been introduced to this product, Scar-Away, that you can put over those scars to help reduce the appearance of scars as a result of C-sections. Since I didn't actually try the product out, I've included the information from the fact sheet for you.
Here's the facts about the product.
SCARAWAY® C-SECTION SHEETS
Getting back into bikini shape after childbirth isn’t just a matter of losing extra pounds and toning up sagging skin. Almost one third of all women deliver via C-Section, and many of them will have a significant and long-lasting scar as a result of the surgical incision. It’s no longer necessary to grin and bear this red, raised, itchy badge of courage. ScarAway® C-Section Sheets offer a non-invasive, drug-free method of smoothing, fading and flattening scars at home.
• An effective, affordable treatment to reduce and prevent hypertrophic (raised) scars and keloid scars that may result from C-section incisions
• Using patented silicone technology, previously available only through hospitals, burn centers and plastic surgery offices, this professional grade silicone sheeting sets a new standard in non-invasive, drug-free, at home scar care, perfect for busy new mothers
• Specially sized at 1.5” x 7” to accommodate most C-section incision scars
• Unlike scar minimizing creams and ointments, ScarAway delivers a slight pressure directly to the scar, and mimics the natural barrier function of healthy skin, diminishing the scar’s appearance and restoring skin to a more natural texture and color. It is non-greasy, won’t stick to or stain clothing. And goodness knows, new Moms don’t need extra messes to contend with
• Ultra-thin, flexible, breathable, and durable; unique soft opaque backing for comfort
• Scars may feel softer in just a few days, with visible results in just weeks. Optimal results are achieved in about 12 weeks
• Each washable sheet lasts approximately two weeks; remove while bathing or showering and keep on convenient storage strip that comes with kit
• Doctor-recommended; numerous clinical studies support the safety and efficacy of silicone sheeting for the reduction and prevention of scars
• Suggested retail: ScarAway C-Section Sheets (1.5” x 7”) eight week supply: $22.99
• Exclusively available at Duane Reade in the Northeast, online at Amazon.com and IntoMyHealth.com
• From Guilford, CT-based Mitchell-Vance Laboratories, www.MyScarAway.com
Also available for other scars resulting from accidents,burns and other types of surgeries:
o ScarAway Silicone Scar Sheets box of 8 standard size sheets: $19.99
o ScarAway 100% Silicone Gel Serum for exposed or hard to treat areas like face, scalp and ears, .5 oz bottle, $29.99
I'm so excited that they are allowing me to run a giveaway for a reader to win and try these out.
If you have a C-Section scar, I urge you to enter to win.
Enter to win below for your own box of ScarAway
a Rafflecopter giveaway