Mrs. Cubbisons has everything you need to know for a Thanksgiving dinner through their new website, http://www.Thanksgivingtips.com. Obviously, I am a little late for Thanksgiving, however these tips continue to keep giving. There is a bunch of cool tips that you can use in your holiday cooking. Mrs. Cubbisons also sent me 2 of their products to review and I would love to share my experience with you as well.
The web’s newest holiday food resource features:
- Interactive Turkey Roasting Guide – Plug in your turkey info and when you want to eat. You instantly get “1, 2, 3” instructions on cooking and serving the best bird ever.
- Cooking Videos – Expert chefs show how to successfully stuff a bird plus demos for savory new side dishes.
- Top Thanksgiving FAQ’s -- Answers to more than 30 of the most-asked Thanksgiving meal questions based on 63 years of Mrs. Cubbison’s wisdom and troubleshooting.
- Easy-To-Use Categorized Recipe Library with a cornucopia of creative ways to prepare and serve stuffing – by far the most popular Thanksgiving side.
- Cook’s interaction on Facebook -- Get last minute help and share with other Facebook fans.
Mrs. Cubbison's Multigrain Stuffing with Cranberries and Crispy Onions.
This year, I had to work through Thanksgiving, so, I had to make the stuffing and use the crispy onions on my own. I made a dinner out of the stuffing using a modified recipe that my mother-in-law makes. The package was your typical dried bread crumbs-type stuffing mix and made similarly. The directions recommend using chicken stock instead of water and that gives it a lot of added flavor. There is cranberries in it, which I personally think is the best part. Typically, I don't do cranberry with my Thanksgiving meal, usually because it's in the shape of a can when served at our table. With the dried cranberry that they use, it is the perfect amount of flavor to add some sweet into the salty meal that the chicken broth offers. I could not be more pleased with it. My kids were indifferent, but they aren't big stuffing fans before this.
I was also sent the Crispy Onions and you know what that means..... Green Bean Casserole! This is my absolute favorite dish and I make it all of the time for myself. My kids refuse to eat the dried onions and my hubby only eats it when he is "in the mood" to eat green bean casserole. I make it at least once every couple of weeks for myself and am such a piggy, I eat it all. When I opened the box to find Crispy Onions, I was so excited, because that means I could try it again. I have to say, they are delicious. The crispy onions absolutely make the meal when they are added to it. Toss some in with some stroganoff too, I love the flavor that it adds and gives you that little bit of crunch.
So, I apologize again that this review came much later than Thanksgiving. Mrs. Cubbison's dressing and crispy onions would be welcome on my table for my holiday meals or any meal for that matter. I urge you to check out the website too, and pick up some tips.
Check them out on
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.