The following is the press release for Day Out with Thomas: Leader of the Track Tour 2011. If you have little Thomas fans, I'm sure they would love to go visit and actually ride a Thomas train. They've already been to my area so we didn't get to see it, but this may interest you if they are coming to your town.
DAY OUT WITH THOMAS™: LEADER OF THE TRACK TOUR 2011
PULLING INTO A STATION NEAR YOU
FANS INVITED TO CHEER ON FAVORITE STORYBOOK ENGINE AS HE PULLS INTO THE STATION
Thomas the Tank Engine™ to visit more than 45 cities in the US and Canada
It’s “Steamies” versus “Diesels” and our favorite No.1 engine is right on track! Thomas the Tank Engine™ is set to roll into a station near you for the Day Out With Thomas™: Leader of the Track Tour 2011. All little engineers are invited to cheer him on and take a ride with Thomas. Check out the schedule for locations Day Out with Thomas Schedule
During the Day Out With Thomas: Leader of the Track Tour 2011, children will ride with Thomas up steep hills, around deep, blue lakes, and help him win the race against the diesel engines—if only in their imaginations. Day Out with Thomas 2011 activities include:
· A 25-minute (approximate) ride with Thomas the Tank Engine
· The opportunity to meet Sir Topham Hatt™, Controller of the Railway
· A Thomas & Friends Imagination Station; featuring stamps, temporary tattoos, hands-on arts & crafts activities and coloring sheets.
· Commemorative activities, merchandise and giveaways to celebrate the 2011 Thomas & Friends DVD movie “Day of the Diesels” (Sept. 2011, Lionsgate), including:
o A video viewing area that shows how steam engines work differently from diesel engines
o Diesel engine tattoos
o A special giveaway character wheel showcasing Steamie and Diesel engines from the world of Thomas & Friends
· Storytelling, video viewing and live music
For general information or to find a Day Out With Thomas: Leader of the Track Tour 2011 event near you, visit www.thomasandfriends.com/dowt.